In the context of the COVID-19 epidemic, BioWin, the Health Cluster of Wallonia, is concerned about the health of its ecosystem and the impact of this crisis on Life Science companies and organizations, both at regional and federal level.
In order to provide its members and contributors with the best possible information, the cluster will collect the most relevant information (measures, initiatives and press articles) on a daily basis and will share it below. This page will therefore be regularly updated. Stay tuned!
(Regional and federal)
• The Walloon Government presented the Get Up Wallonia! initiative to respond to the emergencies related to Covid-19 and to prepare the future of Wallonia and its citizens. It pursues economic, social, environmental and territorial development objectives. Read more
• Walloon and federal measures for companies (article only available in french)
• Additional support measures: corporate income tax, legal entity tax, non-resident tax, personal income tax, VAT and withholding tax on earned income (article only available in french, dutch and german)
INITIATIVES AND PLATFORMS
Health initiatives and platforms are flourishing to answer unmet medical needs and shortage. You can find here the most relevant ones:
• The new governmental web-applications regarding critical products.
- If you have critical products to offer/sell, click here!
- If you need critical products to protect your employees during essential interventions, inside or outside an hospital environment, click here!
EUROPEAN RECOMMENDATIONS, MEASURES AND INITIATIVES
• NOUVEAU! EU endorses €540 billion emergency plan. Le Vif
• #EUvsVirus Hackathon is a call to action to all citizens around the world regardless of origin and skill to participate in the fight against COVID-19: Demonstrate unity and share your skills for the common good across borders and generations! Let’s digitally open EU-borders during this collective challenge!
• BioM-COVID-19-Plattform: an exchange platform for finding partners, technologies and expertise in COVID-19 research projects companies, research institutions and hospitals by BIO-M (Munich)
• BIO-RN (Heidelberg) created a form to fill in with your offers and search ads to figth COVID-19 pandemic
INFORMATION FROM THE FAMHP
• 25/03/20 - Click here to read all information from the FAMHP