Thank you for your interest in our event! We are sold out!
Belgium has a long history of excellent clinical research addressing a wide range of therapeutic domains thanks to a unique health ecosystem, the quality of the clinical centres and the real-life expertise of investigators.
Clinical research also refers to a multistakeholder landscape in which tracing its path can be a challenging task, in particular for SMEs willing to bring their health innovations ultimately to the patients. Areas of concern are effective implementation and conduct of clinical trials, as well as the timely recruitment of patients next to the structural funding of clinical research in hospitals.
As an output of a task force and to answer many of the questions life sciences SMEs are facing, BioWin and flanders.bio have jointly decided to organise for you this conference on clinical research in Belgium.
An interactive day where key players and stakeholders will present the different driving forces in the Belgian clinical research ecosystem and the latest changes in the regulatory framework next to practical information and solutions. Financing aspects, patient involvement/recruitment and digitalisation will also be addressed in dedicated sessions along with testimonies of SMEs.
Confirmed presence of FAMPH, Pharma.be, beMedTech, and BeCRO.
Discover the programme
09:00 – 09:30 : Welcome
09:30 – 09:50 : Introduction by BioWin and flanders.bio
Sylvie Ponchaut, Managing Director, BioWin and Pascale Engelen, Co-Managing Director, flanders.bio
Moderator for the day: Alain Wouters, Managing Director, Whole Systems
09:50 – 10:10 : Belgium : an ambitious frontrunner in clinical trials
Catherine Rutten, CEO, pharma.be
10:10 – 10:30 : MedTech trials in Belgium : Today and tomorrow
Marnix Denys, Managing Director, beMedTech
10:30 – 11:00 : The clinical research area : challenges and opportunities from a famhp point of view
Greet Musch, Director General PRE authorisation, FAMHP
11:00 – 11:00 : Coffee Break
11:30 – 11:50 : Clinical research management : the point of view of an academic hospital clinical trial center
Laurence Rimsky, Head Biomedical Research Center, Hôpital Erasme.
11:50 – 12:20 : Selecting the right CRO partner when a SME enters in Clinical Trial phase: "Is bigger always better ?”
Jean Van Rampelbergh, Clinical4you/Director Clinical & Regulatory, Imcyse SA and Cathy Scoupe, Training & event responsible, BeCRO
12:20 – 13:00 : Panel dialog
Thibault Helleputte, CEO, DNAlytics
13:00 – 14:00 : Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 : Session 1 - Clinical trials funding : from grants and tax incentives to private financing. What are the concrete levers ?
Moderator : Stefaan Pijls, Principle Innovation Process Consultant, AYMING BENELUX
- Guillaume de Viron, Partner, beLean.net/startupstudio.be
- Jean-Luc Vandebroek, Executive Board Member & CFO, Bone Therapeutics
- Annemie Ribbens, VP Clinical Trials, Icometrix
15:00 – 16:00 : Session 2 - Driving an effective patient enrolment and retention in clinical trials
Moderator : Jami Norris, VP Clinical Project Management, IQVIA
- Barbara D’haene, Managing Director, Akcelis
- Anne-Marie Hamoir, Senior Consultant, Patient Focus Medicine Development, TheSynergist.org
- Christophe Lahorte, Head of Innovation Office & Scientific-Regulatory Advice Unit, FAMHP
- Dominique Blankaert, Sr Director Clinical Project Management, Internal Medicine-Rare Disease, IQVIA
- Heidi Muller, Director Patient Engagement Strategy, Janssen Pharmaceutica
16:00 – 16:30 : Coffee Break
16:30 – 17:30 : Session 3 - Digital transformation 4.0 in clinical trials. Where do we stand ?
Moderator : Christophe Severs, Vice President Strategy, Keyrus Group
- Philip Allegaert, Director Big Data & Analytics, Keyrus Group
- Esther Janssen, Head of Project Management, Keyrus Biopharma
- Vanessa Parrein, Managing Partner, Sillar Clinical
- Xavier Gobert, Executive Director, MyData-Trust
- Valérie Kokoszka, Lecturer/Professor-Researcher, Centre d’Ethique Médicale, Université
17:30 – 17:45 : Conclusions and take home messages
Alain Wouters, Managing Director, Whole Systems
17:45– 18:30 : Cocktail
Please note that there is only a limited amount of places available, so be quick to register!
Showcase your business to our attendees and engage with the audience at the start of the conference, during coffee and lunch breaks and during the closing reception.
Please note that as the number of booths available is limited, BioWin and flanders.bio retain the right to select the applying companies. We give the priority to BioWin and flanders.bio members.
Price (VAT excl.)
BioWin and flanders.bio members: 100€
(1) Please note that no refund will be made for cancellation.
However, the registered person may be replaced. If necessary, BioWin should be informed as soon as possible, with the full details of the new participant, at the following address:
(2) If you are registered and you need to cancel your participation, please notify BioWin ([email protected]) at least 72 hours in advance. Without prior cancellation, the entry ticket will be charged to the company to cover the costs. Thank you for your understanding.
Square Brussels Convention Center
Mont des Arts, 1000 Bruxelles