BCI-Pharma is looking for a Scientist to strengthen their biology team in Liège, Belgium. BCI-Pharma is a biotech company dedicated to the discovery and delivery of novel and selective kinase inhibitors in the field of inflammation, neuropathies and oncology. BCI-Pharma in Belgium focuses on cell biology whereas the medicinal chemistry platform is located in Montpellier, France.
The medicinal chemistry platform based on a novel chemotype, proprietary of BCI Pharma, provides the possibility to discover new kinase inhibitors. After initial proof of concept studies in oncology, BCI-Pharma is advancing its preclinical programs and is working towards licensing first-in-class preclinical candidates.
The candidate will report to the CSO and will be hands-on in the laboratory to conduct cell- and biochemical assays required for the discovery and the development of novel kinase inhibitors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Designing, planning and executing cell based- and biochemical -assays related to efficacy screening and mode of action studies of compounds
• Accurate data analysis, interpretation and recording
• Writing of summaries, reports and presentation of data to colleagues and management
• Application of new techniques in the laboratory
• Designing, planning and possibly running of in vivo studies on small laboratory animals
• Identification of problems related to assays and adequate problem-solving
• Participation and contribution to scientific discussions
• Adequate and efficient translation of project and company goals into experimental procedures
• Keeping up-to-date with relevant scientific and technical development
Requirements and Qualifications:
• PhD in biology or related Life Science with 4 to 5 years’ experience in academia or industry
• Experience in immunology and/or neurology is preferred
• Excellent technical skills in cell culture, biochemical technologies (viability- and proliferation assays, flow cytometry, ELISA, Western Blot…) and molecular biology
• Certification to work with laboratory animals (Felasa B or Felasa C accreditation) is an asset
• Accurate, reliable and goal oriented
• Ability to clearly communicate results orally as well as written. Reading, speaking and writing skills in French and English
• Good organizational skills as well as ability to deal with changes
• Able to work independently and in a team
Interested to join BCI-Pharma:
send your motivation letter and CV to [email protected]