Convert Pharmaceuticals, a biotechnology company headquartered in Liège, Belgium, is looking for a (senior) scientist.
Convert Pharmaceuticals is focused on developing a portfolio of novel cancer therapeutics, with the lead compound being a next-generation hypoxia activated prodrug (HAP) that shows more efficient targeting of treatment-refractory hypoxic areas, lowered systemic toxicity, and better synergy with current standard of care therapies. The company has successfully raised funds to progress its lead program all the way through to early clinical development.
We offer an exciting full-time position of (senior) scientist to complement and support the team during the progression of our lead compound from pre-clinical to clinical status with a focus on biomarker development and PK/PD modelling. More specifically, the (senior) scientist will coordinate and contribute to a research program funded by Eurostars aimed at the development of a spatially resolved multifactorial biomarker-based companion predictive model for Convert’s lead compound in close collaboration with the group of Prof. P. Lambin (Maastricht University – www.theDlab.info). This will be done by integrating and validating distinct HAP-related biomarkers, including hypoxia, reductases, DNA-repair capacity, and PK parameters (for more information: see: https://youtu.be/g65d6PxPzyE).
- Overall project management and coordination of the Eurostars project with the academic partner and subcontractor
- Contribute to data collection/curation/integration and assist with model building and validation
- Timely provide project progress updates by means of presentations and reports
- Design and plan experiments under limited supervision
- Work with the preclinical and clinical team to integrate the Eurostars project into the overall development strategy Profile
- PhD with biomedical, biochemical or biotechnological background (or Master with >3y of relevant experience) and strong interest in oncology
- Experience with PK/PD modelling and a general interest in bioinformatics, computer science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Excellent programming skills (preferably experience with Python, Haskell, Scala or F#)
- Prior industry experience is a strong asset
- Structured and highly organized person able to coordinate the research program with a pro-active attitude and perform experiments as part of the project team in a resultoriented manner
- Excellent communication skills (oral as well as written)
- Eager to learn, self-motivated and a true team player who is enthusiastic to be part of this novel start-up company and motivated to work in a multifunctional and international context
- Scientific integrity
- Proficient in MS office (excel, word, power point) • Fluent in English (oral and written) is a must, Dutch or French is a plus
Contact information : [email protected]